There are a couple of problems here. First the “^tcp,self,sm” is telling OMPI
to turn off all three of those transports, which probably leaves you with
nothing. What you really want is to restrict to shared memory, so your param
should be “-mca btl self,sm”. This will disable all transports other than
shared memory - note that you always must enable the “self” btl.

Second, you likely also need to ensure that the OOB isn’t trying to use tcp, so
add “-mca oob ^tcp” to your cmd line. It shouldn’t be active anyway, but better
safe.