Hi

Distro: RHEL-7 (7.4)
SLURM: 16.05.11
PMIx: 1.1.5

Trying to build OpenMPI 3.0.0 for our RHEL7 systems but running into what might
be a configure script issue more than a real incompatibility problem.
Configuring with the following,

   --with-slurm=/opt/slurm --with-pmix=/opt/pmix
--with-external-libpmix=/opt/pmix/lib64 --with-libevent=/usr

It seems happy enough with PMIx and there appears to be PMIx 1.x support.
However, libevent is another issue and my take so far is that the EL7 native
libevent-devel-2.0.x is the crux of the problem.  It doesn’t seem like the
configure script expects that and I’m a little reluctant to start patching
things together with symlinks or configure script changes.

My real question is what is intended?   Should this be working or was 3.0.0
really intended for PMIx 2.x?  I imagine we will go to PMIx 2.x with SLURM 17
but aren’t quite ready for that yet.

Regards,

Charlie Taylor
UF Research Computing