On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 5:41 PM Ajith Subramanian <ajith...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gilles,
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I did notice the option in the configure
> script. I appreciate the information on the third party C++ bindings.
>
> The library I'm using is VTK and they happen to still rely on C++ bindings
> for their parallel I/O module (unless I'm mistaken here, but this seems to
> be true as of 8.1.0).

A cursory inspection of VTK on GitHub indicates they are using the C
bindings now. I did not attempt to determine if/when they ever used the C++
ones in the past.

VTK does, however, wrap MPI C bindings in C++, so it may appear to end
users as if they are using C++ bindings.

Jeff

Jeff Hammond
jeff.scie...@gmail.com
http://jeffhammond.github.io/