On Apr 9, 2018, at 6:36 PM, George Bosilca <bosi...@icl.utk.edu> wrote:

Noam,

I have few questions for you. According to your original email you are using OMPI 3.0.1 (but the hang can also be reproduced with the 3.0.0).

Correct.

Also according to your stacktrace I assume it is an x86_64, compiled with icc.

x86_64, yes, but, gcc + ifort.  I can test with gcc+gfortran if that’s helpful.

Is your application multithreaded ? How did you initialized MPI (which level of threading) ? Can you send us the opal_config.h file please.

No, no multithreading, at least not intentionally.  I can run with OMP_NUM_THREADS explicitly 1 if you’d like to exclude that as a possibility.  opal_config.h is attached, from ./opal/include/opal_config.h in the build directory.

Noam

U.S. NAVAL

_RESEARCH_

LABORATORY

Noam Bernstein, Ph.D.
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
T +1 202 404 8628  F +1 202 404 7546