Kostas
I guess we made some progress,however I think I still have a syntax problem.
Right now I am still configuring the master node ,so I do not have a hostfile
made yet.so I am using the following command which returns a python message
from an unknown python program.

mpirun --allow-run-as-root -np 4 hostname

the responds is :

python2helloworld.py
python2helloworld.py
python2helloworld.py
python2helloworld.py

this tells me that the program ran 4 times, 1 oer core.
this is good.
however I do not know where this program file is located. I also do not know
how this python 2 file gets invoked .

my question is :how can I modifly this command line to specifly the proper
python program?

thanks neil

To: Open MPI Users
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] need help installing mpi4py on openmpi

Here are some instructions I have put together.

I am using Python 2 and Open MPI 2.1.2 so I changed the commands to work for
Python 3 and I tested them.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Kostas