Thank you, Jeff.

The ofi MTL with the verbs provider seems to be working well at the moment.
I’ll need to let it run a day or so before I know whether we can avoid the
deadlocks experienced with the straight openib BTL.

I’ve also built-in UCX support so I’ll be trying that next.

Again, thanks for the response.

Oh, before I forget and I hope this doesn’t sound snarky, but how does the
community find out that things like UCX and libfabric exist as well as how to
use them when the FAQs on open-mpi.org
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__open-2Dmpi.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=8sBODgXZKw_dNqkFqkTqbGD3_7nNlm_pat-D6AqiaC8&m=zMXFh_GHJfN48Lvx4fO5qaqagW-hClSTcej-1viq_D8&s=wvhz6s_XWmVBz7U6_SJYQEg1LkcB9UWoWumDgoaxNLg&e=>
 don’t have much information beyond the now ancient 1.8 series?   Afterall,
this is hardly your typical “mpiexec” command line…

     mpirun -mca pml cm -mca mtl ofi -mca mtl_ofi_provider_include
“verbs;ofi_rxm ...”  ,

if you get my drift.  Even google doesn’t seem to know all that much about
these things.  I’m feeling more than a little ignorant these days.  :)

Thanks to all for the responses.  It has been a huge help.

Charlie