Siegmar,

I must admit I am having a hard time understanding why MPI.DOUBLE.getSize()
returns 1 instead of 8 ...

Anyway, for the time being, I think you can get the expected result by
createResized(..., ..., 8).

If there is a consensus that your program is correct, I will be happy to
issue a PR
(Simply multiply lb and extent by baseSize before passing them to the
native function)

Cheers,

Gilles