On Aug 2, 2018, at 4:40 PM, Grove, John W <jgr...@lanl.gov> wrote:

> I am compiling an application using openmpi 3.1.1. The application is mixed
> Fortran/C/C++. I am using the intel compiler on a mac pro running OS 10.13.6.
> When I try to use the mpi_f08 interface I get unresolved symbols at load
> time, specficially
> _mpi_f08_types_mp_ompi_comm_op_ne_, _mpi_f08_types_mp_ompi_datatype_op_eq_,
> _mpi_f08_types_mp_ompi_op_op_eq_, _mpi_f08_types_mp_ompi_request_op_ne_, and
> _mpi_f08_types_mp_ompi_win_op_eq_. Generally the comparisons are being done
> against the appropriate NULL object, such as MPI_COMM_NULL. These routines
> appear to be present in the dylib objects created when I built openmpi, and I
> verified that the installed permissions are correct with user and group
> having read and execute permission as appropriate. Has anyone else seen this
> problem, and if some do you have any suggestions as to how to resolve this
> issue? Fortunately for me, I have the option to not use the f08 interface,
> and in this case everything works, but I would like to understand why using
> mpi_f08 fails to load for me.

Did you configure, compile, and install Open MPI with the Intel fortran
compiler?

It is generally easiest to configure/compile/install Open MPI with the same
compiler toolchain with which you will build your application.  Mismatching the
Fortran compiler (e.g., building Open MPI with gfortran and then building your
application with ifort) is one typical way of getting undefined symbols like
this.