I'm not quite clear what the problem is that you're running in to -- you just
said that there is "some problem with MPI_barrier".

What problem, exactly, is happening with your code?  Be as precise and specific
as possible.

It's kinda hard to tell what is happening in the code snippet below because
there's a lot of variables used that are not defined in your snippet -- so we
have no way of knowing what is going on just from these few lines of code.