Jeff H. was referring to Nathan's offhand remark about his desire to kill the
MPI_MINLOC / MPI_MAXLOC operations.  I think Jeff H's point is that this is
just Nathan's opinion -- as far as I know, there is no proposal in front of the
MPI Forum to actively deprecate MPI_MINLOC or MPI_MAXLOC.  Speaking this
opinion on a public mailing list with no other context created a bit of
confusion.

The Forum is quite transparent in what it does -- e.g., anyone is allowed to
come to its meetings and hear (and participate in!) all the deliberations, etc.
 But speaking off-the-cuff about something that *might* happen *someday* that
would have impact on real users and real codes -- that might have caused a
little needless confusion.