Hello:

I recently upgraded to Fedora 31 and tried to build openmpi-4.0.2 configured with

./configure FC=gfortran F90=gfortran --prefix=/opt/openmpi --with-slurm

The configure seemed fine, but the 'make' failed with

Fatal Error: Cannot read module file ‘ompi_mpifh_bindings.mod’ opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

I have succesfully built 4.0.2 with earlier Fedora releases (e.g. 29), so this was a surprise.

gfortran --version yields: GNU Fortran (GCC) 9.2.1 20190827 (Red Hat 9.2.1-1)

It seems clear that the modules built in this openmpi release were not built with this version of gfortran.  Is the solution to replace the Fedora installed compiler with the one used for openmpi?  If so, how do I determine what release that is? Then I can download it and install it instead of the Fedora 31 version.

What other information should I supply to resolve this problem?

Sincerely,

Tom Rosmond