Hi Ognen,

MPI-IO is implemented by two components:
 - ROMIO (from MPICH)
 - ompio ("native" Open MPI MPI-IO, default component unless running on Lustre)

Assuming you want to add support for a new filesystem in ompio, first
step is to implement a new component in the fs framework
the framework is in /ompi/mca/fs, and each component is in its own
directory (for example ompi/mca/fs/gpfs)

There are a some configury tricks (create a configure.m4, add Makefile
to autoconf, ...) to make sure your component is even compiled.
If you are struggling with these, feel free to open a Pull Request to
get some help fixing the missing bits.

Cheers,

Gilles