What exactly is the error that is occurring?

From: users <users-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> on behalf of Patrick Begou via
users <users@lists.open-mpi.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2022 3:21 AM
To: Open MPI Users
Cc: Patrick Begou
Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI and names of the nodes in a cluster

Hi all,

we are facing a serious problem with OpenMPI (4.0.2) that we have
deployed on a cluster. We do not manage this large cluster and the names
of the nodes do not agree with Internet standards for protocols: they
contain a "_" (underscore) character.

So OpenMPI complains about this and do not run.

I've tried to use IP instead of host names in the host file without any
success.

Is there a known workaround for this as requesting the administrators to
change the nodes names on this large cluster may be difficult.

Thanks

Patrick