Hi Eric,

Currently, Open MPI does not provide specific support for CephFS.

MPI-IO is either implemented by ROMIO (imported from MPICH, it does not support CephFS today)

or the "native" ompio component (that also does not support CephFS today).

A proof of concept for CephFS in ompio might not be a huge work for someone motivated:

That could be as simple as (so to speak, since things are generally not easy) creating a new fs/ceph component

(e.g. in ompi/mca/fs/ceph) and implement the "file_open" callback that uses the ceph API.

I think the fs/lustre component can be used as an inspiration.

I cannot commit to do this, but if you are willing to take a crack at it, I can create such a component

so you can go directly to implementing the callback without spending too much time on some Open MPI internals

(e.g. component creation).

Cheers,

Gilles