Rory,

Looks like, may be you have some misunderstanding. Vrouter is replacing
functionality of Linux bridge OR OVS for virtualized resources and it provides
distributed virtual router.

Routing between two physical subnets on different physical interfaces is a use
case that is not productized yet.

Regards
-Harshad