Hi Dagobert,

Am 2021-09-09 um 10:53 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen via users:
Hi Franz,

Am 08.09.2021 um 18:35 schrieb Franz Sirl <franz.sirl-ker...@lauterbach.com>:
After you installed the new apr, did you already rebuild and install aprutil
and then libserf? If not, the apr fix did not take full effect yet.

In fact I did not rebuild apr yet, I wanted to see subversion build and package
in 64 bit first.
Now that this is done one more question: would adding the conditional include
for apr-32/-64
without the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS patch also require rebuildung? My impression is
that this is
needed for all packages that do have 64 bit components as the header file for
64 bit changed
but not the header for the 32 bit build.

without the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS patch only the 64-bit stuff depending on the fixed apr.h/apr-64.h needs rebuilding, the 32bit stuff is unaffected. But can the OpenCSW framework rebuild only the 64-bit dependencies?

That's why I didn't include the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS patch by default. Without it all the working 32-bit applications and libraries remain backward and forward ABI compatible. The 64-bit applications and libraries depending on the old apr.h were potentially (certainly for subversion) broken anyway.

Or, in other words, the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS patch is irrelevant for 64-bit, because there _FILE_OFFSET_BITS is already set to 64. Setting _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 on 32-bit would be nice for the functionality of 32-bit applications, but has the big drawback of changing the ABI (if you try the patch you will see a changed apr-32.h) of apr. And changing the ABI means you need a way to force users to update all their installed applications/libraries depending on apr if they try to update apr alone.

regards,
Franz