OpenNebula cannot directly cope with that requirements but maybe an
external server that picks that jobs, encapsulates them inside a VM
(maybe using contextualization) and sends that to ONE can do the job.
I am just thinking loud as I don't know the complexity of your jobs or
their requirements.

Maybe you can also take a look at StratusLab project [1] as it has
more to do with grid and also uses OpenNebula as the VM manager.

[1] http://www.stratuslab.org/

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Yamini L <yami.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie to this. I have read about opennebula and its functionalities.
>
> I want to enhance grid by adding cloud resources. Already, i have used
> gridway  and globus toolkit. Hence, i want to know whether its possible to
> extend that setup with opennebula.
>
> The actual thing that i want to know is whether it is possible to move some
> jobs that are scheduled on grid (especially the one's that get delayed or
> those that are about to be rescheduled) to a cloud resource and get it
> executed there.
>
> Also, throw some light on how this can be done.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Yamini.L
> College of Engineering, Guindy

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher