Hi,

What kind of results will you present to the user?

The commands that trigger a driver action are asynchronous, so you can't
get any result immediately to the user.

If you are modifying the c++ core, you could add your custom information in
the VM template, this way the users will see it in the 'onevm show' output.

Or you could use the generic document resources [1]. These are just like
the templates managed with onetemplate; they will store anything and will
also have owner, group, acl, permissions...

Regards

[1]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:api#actions_for_document_management
--