Daniel,

I know thet EC2 is supported but I have thought that some implementations of EC2 might be not comptaibile and in OpenNebula only Amazon access interface is supported. From what you wrote I understand that different deployments of OpenNebula
can be integrated trough utilisation of EC2. Is this correct?

Marcin
Hi,

Currently the OpenNebula distribution just includes drivers to interact with EC2 clouds, but it would not be difficult to develop a new driver to interact with the deltacloud API. We can even create a new addon [1] for this and I can give you some guidelines on how to develop this driver.

Basically you should create a new VMM_MAD based on the ec2 driver:
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/tree/master/src/vmm_mad/remotes/ec2

The ec2_driver.rb is the library that interacts with the EC2 API and each script (deploy, reboot...) uses this library to send the ec2 commands.

If you have any doubts do not hesitate to ask me.

Cheers

[1] http://opennebula.org/addons:addons