Hi,

On 14.08.2014 16:20, Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Johan Kooijman
<m...@johankooijman.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm almost finished setting up the POC for ONE so far. One last
piece I can't really figure out is how to recreate VM's on a
different host in case a host fails, like hardware off the grid.
How would I do such a thing?

You can enable the fault tolerance hook in oned.conf [1]. This hook
will perform the onevm delete --recreate action on the VMs of the
failed host. To avoid false positives because of network connectivity
issues, use the -p flag of the hook.

The delete-recreate action will create a new VM from the original
template. This means that the VM will have a new ID, IP, and clean
disks.
We are working on a new mechanism for hosts with shared storage, to
"migrate" the failed VM to a new host keeping the current IPs, disk
state, etc.

Is there an ETA on this new mechanism? I just ran into the same problem today in my test setup.

Greets,

Sander