Hi Sebastiaan,

You are right, I was assuming you had shut down the VM from vCenter rather
than from the inside, my mistake.

We have checked and that is the current behaviour, and it is due to a
divergence between vCenter and the other hypervisors. We will solve this in
the upcoming release:

   http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/3590

Best,

-Tino