Hi Ben,

I am finally able to run my nodejs code on openshift with both approaches
(volume mount as well as S2I)
I was also able to resolve most of other issues I mentioned and was able to
run JEE application as well.

Thanks a lot for helping me through all the silly questions.
Good news is that now my company will be using openshift to manage our
dockers/deployments.

regards

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Ben Parees <bpar...@redhat.com> wrote:

> you can define a command on the container within the pod:
> http://kubernetes.io/docs/user-guide/configuring-containers/#launching-a-
> container-using-a-configuration-file
>

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Ravi <ravikapoor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Thank you for this help.
>>
>> I was trying nginx because after invoking container, I do not have to run
>> a command. For java or node, after the container is run I will need to run
>> a command e.g.
>>
>> java -jar myapp.jar
>> OR
>> node server.js
>>
>> Can you guide me how to add this to the json file or point me to
>> documentation so I can try this?
>>
>> thanks so much
>>

>> On 9/8/2016 6:56 PM, Ben Parees wrote:
>>
>>> Downloads$ oc get pods
>>> NAME             READY     STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
>>> nginx-1-deploy   1/1       Running   0          14s
>>> nginx-1-rmfl9    0/1       Error     0          11s
>>>
>>> Downloads$ oc logs nginx-1-rmfl9
>>> 2016/09/09 01:54:21 [warn] 1#1: the "user" directive makes sense only if
>>> the master process runs with super-user privileges, ignored in
>>> /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:2
>>> nginx: [warn] the "user" directive makes sense only if the master
>>> process runs with super-user privileges, ignored in
>>> /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:2
>>> 2016/09/09 01:54:21 [emerg] 1#1: mkdir() "/var/cache/nginx/client_temp"
>>> failed (13: Permission denied)