On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Charles Moulliard <cmoul...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm confused about this section of the doc : https://github.com/openshift
> /jenkins-plugin#jenkins-pipeline-formerly-workflow-plugin
>
> - Is Groovy DSL syntax still supported with Openshift Jenkins Pipeline ?

When using the openshift plugin from within a Jenkinsfile (jenkins pipeline
plugin), ​the openshift jenkins plugin offers both the DSL that is
described in that link, as well as the ability to just use groovy to invoke
the plugin api directly.​

> Additional questions :
>
> - Is it the list of the jenkins plugins that we package with the OpenShift
> Docker Image -  https://github.com/openshift/
> jenkins/blob/master/1/contrib/openshift/base-plugins.txt ?

​yes​

> - Can you confirm that the Openshift Jenkins Docker image always package
> the latest Jenkins Release (= LTS) ?

​we do our best to keep it up to date with the latest LTS, but there may be
times when we fall behind for a few days/weeks until we can get the image
updated.​

> - Is it possible to trigger a Jenkins job (= Pipeline) when a new commit
> has been pushed into a git project ?

​you can do that using the git scm plugin for jenkins.

> Regards,
>
> Charles
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Ben Parees <bpar...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> In the meantime, you can certainly install the fabric8 plugin into our
>> jenkins image and use those additional pipeline steps. The openshift
>> pipeline feature works with any valid jenkinsfile.  We just happen to
>> include the openshift specific plugin/dsl support in the image we ship.
>>
>> Ben Parees | OpenShift
>>
>> On Sep 16, 2016 19:08, "Clayton Coleman" <ccole...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's been discussed.  The primary concern would that would become a
>>> versionable API once we ship it, so we have to have a release and
>>> versioning process that maintains backwards compatibility for users for the
>>> life of the product.  That part is what we haven't sorted out yet.

Ben Parees | OpenShift