Tim,

I have a similar problem , but mine appears when the S2I container try to
push the image, it couldn't resolv the registry hostname.

can you check the resolv.conf file on your nodes and search for a line like
this?

"search cluster.local"

Regards

> I'm having difficulty with dns resolution when using the ansible installer
> in an openstack environment.
>
> Part of the problem is that openstack does not seem able to resolve
> hostnames on the local subnet and so some tricks/hacks are needed (this is
> not an openshift issue but if anyone knows how to solve this I'd love to
> hear!).
>
> However, with those tricks/hacks I end up with nodes that have 2
> nameservers defined in the /etc/resolv.conf, one that resolves external
> hostnames and one that can resolve hostnames on the local subnet.
>
> When the ansible installer runs it first checks that hostnames can be
> resolved and finds they can. Then it installs everything and part of this
> is updating the DNS setup so that dnsmasq is installed on the node and the
> /etc/resolv.conf updated to now contains ONLY the IP address of the node as
> the nameserver. Consequently it can no longer resolve local hostnames and
> so the openshift pods can't find each other.
>
> I think what is needed is to tell this installer what other nameservers to
> put into the resolv.conf?
>
> Any help with this would be appreciated.
>
> Tim

Pablo Halamaj
*Arquitecto de Soluciones*
*SemperTI*
Av. Corrientes 1557 1°C, C1042AAB, Capital Federal
+54 11 5236 9939
+54 911 3689-9786
www.semperti.com <http://www.semperti.com>