Hi,

I spend most of the day debugging why my OpenShift registry wasn’t working
because the cluster lives behind a http proxy. I can see OpenShift ansible
configured the registry with proxy settings including no_proxy, but in the
error logs I could see during authentication it was trying to talk to the
master api server at 172.30.0.1, but that wasn’t in the no_proxy env
setting so the proxy was trying to resolve it and failing.

So that can be fixed by adding 172.30.0.1 to no_proxy, but it felt a bit
hacky. A dns name would be better as they’re easier to wildcard in
no_proxy.

I want to know how the registry knows to use the IP address of the master
api server instead of a dns name? I couldn’t see a reference to the api
server in /etc/registry. Where does it get that from? Is it part of a
docket secret?

Thanks,

Joel