Hi Dan,

As you learned, lifecycle hooks were not made to change anything inside a
container image. Remember that container images are, by design, immutable.
It looks you want to build a custom container image that includes your
customizations to the wildfly configs plus your application. There are two
ways to accomplish that with OpenShift:

1. Create a Dockerfile that uses the standard wildfly container image as
the parent, and adds your customization.

2. Use the OpenShift source-to-image (s2i) process to add configurations
and your application. See the OpenShift docs about the wildfly s2i builder
image for details, this is easier than using a Dockerfile. The standard s2i
processes builds the application from sources, but it also supports feeding
an application war/ear.

[]s, Fernando Lozano