Basically you do 2 things:

1. create your openstack environment with the instances you need and the appropriate networking (just like you would for any environment)

2. deploy openshift using the ansible playbooks [1]

But there is a lot of devil in the detail and it depends a bit on what you are wanting to deploy (openstack cloud provider, glusterfs ...). We have used a number of openstack environments, and found them all to be a bit fragile. Added to this the openshift environment is continually changing (playbooks, RPMs, Docker images) so the whole process is a bit temperamental, but it can be made to work.

For sure you should look at the parts of the openshift documentation that cover openstack [2, 3] as well as these contrib playbooks that also handle creation of the openstack parts [4] (but IMHO these are not really suitable for creating a real cluster as they are).

[1] https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/
[2] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/configuring_openstack.html [3] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/persistent_storage/persistent_storage_cinder.html [4] https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible-contrib/tree/master/playbooks/provisioning/openstack