On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 12:22:26AM PDT, Tim Dudgeon spake thusly:
> Depends on what you are wanting to do.
> To get some basic experience with using OpenShift you could try Minishift:
>
> https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/index.html

Thanks. This is so far the only suggestion. However, I have to deploy
this in Google Compute Engine. Minishift requires access to a supported
hypervisor so that it can spinup the VM itself. So unfortunately, this
won't work. I found the minishift github repo where someone had
requested that minishift be able to be provisioned on a pre-existing VM:
https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/467 but this is rejected
as they want to have more control over the environment in terms of
storage, cpu, installed OS, etc. So my search continues...

Thanks!

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org