Selectors refer to labels, so it’d be deploymentconfig.metadata.labels.name

SSL/TLS means the client has to support it too. So if there is some option
to run RMI over SSL/TLS then it could work pretty easily. But if it’s not
possible to run server and client that way then yes, nodeports will be
easier. Otherwise I think there might be other Ingress options. But I’ve
never used them.