Hello all!

With the installation of Openshift Origin 3.9 cluster I've followed the storage requirements described here: https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/prerequisites.html#hardware

With the framework up and some test deployments run, I'm trying to centralize configuration for a later installation. I'm using centOS 7 as the base operating system.

I wanted to ask about the storage requirements regarding masters and nodes. On my current framework I have 2 masters that are also infrastructure nodes and 2 compute nodes.

During install I could see there's heavy use of the /tmp so I understand why the 1GB requirement. But I'm looking at /usr/local/bin and especially /var and the space used by my current installation is far less than what is stated as a minimum. /usr/local/bin is completely empty on all hosts and for /var it's at most 3.6GB used on one of the masters (with 42GB allocated to meet the 40GB free requirement/check); on the nodes the /var partition is below 500MB used. The space is mostly used by system logging and Openshift's audit logging(on the masters).

In what context do these partitions fill/are used up to their stated requirements?

Thank you,
Dan Pungă