Update:

I installed the service-catalog, then the template-service-broker. This caused the services to be exposed using the clusterserviceclasses in the service-catalog.

I edited the apiserver-config cm in openshift-template-service-broker adding an additional project/namespace for templates and image streams. But it takes a while until the additional templates are reflected in the service-catalog.

I tried restarting the tsb pods, but this didn't reflect the additional services from the new project. When I down/up the cluster, the additional templates are reflect in the service catalog.

Also waiting for a while causes the additional templates to show in the service catalog.

My question: how does the service catalog gets the updates from the template service broker?