Hi Harald,

I've been struggling with this issue for couple of months now.

We have OpenShift deployed on AWS, an elastic load-balancer of type NLB (network load balancer) is distributing the traffic over the three master nodes. We have a firewall doing man-in-the-middle decryption on the traffic going back and forth.

From the command line, curl works pretty much fine. But when using openssl client, it shows the internal openshift certificates. I tried the steps mentioned in this thread but none of them worked for me. We have another OpenShift 3.10 cluster that we didn't face this issue with.

The only conclusion I have is when you hit the masters at tcp layer 4, OpenShift responds with the default certificates. It's like the named_certificates section works at layer 7 and hitting lower than that, you get the default certificate.