Hi Ben,

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 9:48 AM Ben Parees <bpar...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 7:16 AM Clayton Coleman <ccole...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Note: Triggers and image streams also work on deployments.

It looks that all focus now is on stuff that works on Kubernetes and
original OpenShift-only features such as deployment configurations and
build configurations are not being re-packaged as Kubernetes extensions, as
opposed to what Red Hat did for RBAC. :-( Is there a long-term plan to
provide all of current deployment configuration features in a
Kubernetes-compatible way, for example using Knative and Tekton?

I know you could mimic most of a build configuration as a Tekton pipeline,
and I hope someday with the same easy of use (today it looks very
complicated).

> documentation on using imagestreams w/ deployments:
>
> https://docs.okd.io/latest/dev_guide/managing_images.html#using-is-with-k8s
>
> (It works in 4.x also, the docs just haven't been migrated over I don't
> think).
>
> But note that this mechanism only works with imagestreams that are local
> to your deployment's namespace.

Would it work if I create an image strean inside my project that references
an image stream in the openshift project?

[]s, Fernando Lozano