On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 11:04 AM Just Marvin <
marvin.the.cynical.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fernando,
>
>      Thanks for the response, but that syntax is something that I had
> tried before I posted, but it didn't work.
>
> [zaphod@oc6010654212 ~]$ oc new-app
> jboss-eap72-openshift~git@github.....<github
> ssh url> --name=humongous --source-secret=<CRC defined github secret>
> error: unable to locate any images in image streams, local docker images
> with name "jboss-eap72-openshift"
>
> The 'oc new-app' command will match arguments to the following types:
>
>   1. Images tagged into image streams in the current project or the
> 'openshift' project
>      - if you don't specify a tag, we'll add ':latest'
>   2. Images in the Docker Hub, on remote registries, or on the local
> Docker engine
>   3. Templates in the current project or the 'openshift' project
>   4. Git repository URLs or local paths that point to Git repositories
>
> --allow-missing-images can be used to point to an image that does not
> exist yet.
>
> See 'oc new-app -h' for examples.
> [zaphod@oc6010654212 ~]$
>
>     As I showed in my original email, the IS named jboss-eap72-openshift,
> does exist. So, what am I doing wrong?

can you confirm the imagestream tags imported successfully?

oc get is jboss-eap72-openshift -n openshift -o yaml

if the imports succeeded, you should see something like this in the status
section:

status:
  dockerImageRepository:
image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/openshift/jboss-eap72-openshift
  tags:
  - items:
    - created: "2019-09-16T13:57:33Z"
      dockerImageReference:
registry.redhat.io/jboss-eap-7/eap72-openshift@sha256:aef672575e93481d5a408e757562f6ed72b1736b5bc2ce92f3b2896e638db0c7
      generation: 2
      image:
sha256:aef672575e93481d5a408e757562f6ed72b1736b5bc2ce92f3b2896e638db0c7
    tag: "1.0"
  - items:
    - created: "2019-09-16T13:57:33Z"
      dockerImageReference:
registry.redhat.io/jboss-eap-7/eap72-openshift@sha256:e78f3020712cf12dc04dfd325e5c4759c298cd1b805f4920a4f41995d469bb0d
      generation: 2
      image:
sha256:e78f3020712cf12dc04dfd325e5c4759c298cd1b805f4920a4f41995d469bb0d
    tag: latest

if not, you should see an indication of why the import is not succeeding.

> Regards,
> Marvin
>
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 9:59 AM Fernando Lozano <floz...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> CRC comes ready to use, you do not need to perform any configuration to
>> use an image stream from the 'openshift' namespace. That namespace already
>> includes your pull secret (from your Red Hat Developers or customer portal
>> account) that allows OpenSHift to pull container images from
>> registry.redhat.io.
>>
>> The oc new-app command uses the 'openshift' namespace by default. You
>> just need to use the image stream name (and tag if you wish) before a tilde
>> (~) them provide your Git repository URL.
>>
>> See the following example, that uses one of the same application from the
>> DO288 course. It uses the 'php' image stream from the 'openshift' namespace.
>>
>> $ oc new-app php:7.2~https://github.com/RedHatTraining/DO288-apps --name
>> hello --context-dir php-helloworld
>>
>> []s, Fernando Lozano
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 9:17 AM Just Marvin <
>> marvin.the.cynical.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     I'm working with code-ready-containers, and I can see that there are
>>> image streams that I need in the openshift namespace (for example, the
>>> jboss eap 7.2 image). The images themselves are not local - but on
>>> registry.redhat.io. My problem is two fold: (1) how do I configure the
>>> cluster such that I can simply use these imagestreams from a new-app
>>> command (2) How do I set up the cluster so that any needed authentication
>>> is pre-defined in the cluster.
>>>
>>> For (1):
>>>
>>> zaphod@oc6010654212 ~]$ oc describe is jboss-eap72-openshift -n
>>> openshift
>>> Name: jboss-eap72-openshift
>>> Namespace: openshift
>>> Created: 3 weeks ago
>>> Labels: samples.operator.openshift.io/managed=true
>>> Annotations: openshift.io/display-name=Red Hat JBoss EAP 7.2
>>> openshift.io/image.dockerRepositoryCheck=2019-08-23T17:59:24Z
>>> openshift.io/provider-display-name=Red Hat, Inc.
>>> samples.operator.openshift.io/version=4.1.11
>>> version=1.0
>>> Image Repository:
>>> default-route-openshift-image-registry.apps-crc.testing/openshift/jboss-eap72-openshift
>>> Image Lookup: local=false
>>> Unique Images: 2
>>> Tags: 2
>>>
>>> latest
>>>   tagged from registry.redhat.io/jboss-eap-7/eap72-openshift:latest
>>>     prefer registry pullthrough when referencing this tag
>>>
>>>     The problem here is that I can't work out the syntax of the new-app
>>> command that can refer to an imagestream in a different namespace
>>> (openshift). How does one do this?
>>>
>>> For (2):
>>> I think I need the equivalent of this page, to set things up:
>>> https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.11/install_config/configuring_red_hat_registry.html
>>>  .
>>> However, I can't find the equivalent in the 4.1 docs. I suspect the move to
>>> a registry operator means that the procedure is completely different.
>>>
>>> In addition, I'm trying to use podman. I can login to registry.redhat.io
>>> no problem, but I don't know where it stores the token that I'll need to
>>> configure auth. Or atleast, I think thats what I need. Not sure.....do I
>>> actually have to but the userid + password into the cluster?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marvin

Ben Parees | OpenShift