Not that I know of.
The claimRef is not meant to be changed manually. Once set, PV should have
been bound already, you won't be able to only set a namespace.

Have you considered using ResourceQuotas?

To deny users in a Project from requesting persistent storage, you could
use the following:

apiVersion: v1
kind: ResourceQuota
metadata:
  name: no-pv
  namespace: project-with-no-persistent-volumes
spec:
  hard:
    persistentvolumeclaims: 0

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 12:00 PM Alan Christie <
achris...@informaticsmatters.com> wrote:

> On the topic of volume claim pre-binding …
>
> Is there a pattern for creating volumes that can only be bound to a PVC
> from a known namespace, specifically when the PVC name may not be known in
> advance?
>
> In my specific case I don’t have control over the application's PVC name
> but I do know its namespace. I need to prevent the pre-allocated volume
> from being bound to a claim from a namespace other than the one the
> application’s in.
>
> The `PersistentVolume` spec contains a `claimRef` section but I suspect
> that you can’t just fill-out the `namespace`, you need to provide both the
> `name` and `namespace` (because although the former doesn’t generate an
> error it doesn’t work).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Alan Christie
> achris...@informaticsmatters.com