Please raise a BZ for this. We do make these requests to verify that the
registry's storage has been provisioned properly on Azure.

I'd expect this to API request every 10 minutes when the operator's relist
interval is hit. ~40 per minute suggests that we are reacting to a lot of
events that we probably shouldn't react to.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 1:19 AM Joel Pearson <japear...@agiledigital.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed a strange thing with the Image Registry running on Azure in
> OpenShift 4.2.7 (possibly all other versions too).
>
> When the registry is idle, I'm seeing about 40 requests per minute for
> "List Storage Account Keys" per minute in Azure console, under the resource
> group "Activity log".  Each request is has a "Started" and "Succeeded"
> event, so it's 80 events in total per minute.
>
> This to me seems hugely excessive and unnecessary, is it expected
> behaviour?
>
> Surely listing storage account keys only needs to happen a few times per
> day instead of almost per second?
>
> I looked in the logs of the "cluster-image-registry-operator" and these
> log entries seem to correlate within about a second of the azure activity
> log entries.
>
> I1125 05:20:33.804388      14 controller.go:260] event from workqueue
> successfully processed
> I1125 05:20:36.816148      14 controller.go:260] event from workqueue
> successfully processed
> I1125 05:20:39.987651      14 controller.go:260] event from workqueue
> successfully processed
>
> Should I raise a bugzilla for this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joel