On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 9:36 AM Honza Horak <hho...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Argh, docker!! :(
>
> Let me get more oriented here -- what would it mean to make the
> CentOS-based images available on quay.io? just push there in addition to
> the docker hub? Or would it mean to change the community imagestreams to
> point to quay.io? and make it the only correct source?

We'd have to update the imagestreams too(once the content is available on
quay.io), otherwise the content would still get pulled from docker.io.

> Btw. if you know from top of your head -- are there some restrictions
> for quay.io?, so we need to get some more fancy account for that?

Bill Dettlelback should be able to help here but you should probably take
that discussion off the public list.

> Another thing that comes to my mind is registry.centos.org, if the
> pipeline is still live [1]. We've done some work on that before, but
> didn't have enough motivation to accept the disadvantages it has. It
> might be more relevant now.. I guess it would work as well, or are there
> some reasons not to go that way?

I don't know anything about it so I can't comment, my only concern at this
point is moving us away from docker.io to avoid the rate limiting that is
breaking users.  As long as centos.org has reliable uptimes and
reasonable(or no) rate limiting, it should be a fine hosting location.

--
Ben Parees | OpenShift