Are you under the impression that these consume a significant amount of OpenSIPS resources? If so, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

On 06/28/2016 11:02 AM, Owais Ahmad wrote:
Hello,

I am getting UDP (non-SIP) packets on opensips listening port. How can I
drop those packets to ensure it only consumes the least opensips resources.

I do have mechanisms to prevent this on the firewall but just want to be
sure that if such a network packet does reach the server, opensips
doesn't end up parsing it assuming its SIP.

I want to do this without using: sipmsg_validate
<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/sipmsgops.html#id294336>
<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/sipmsgops.html#id294336>

Regards,
Owais

1447 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30309
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)