You are probably using an old version of OpenSIPS, that's why you are not seeing negative return values.

Checking if the IP might still be ok, if your database is consistent and has an IP for every user. So for now I would go with this solution.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com