I use the latest stable versions on Debian stretch:

deb http://apt.opensips.org stretch 2.3-releases
opensips                       2.3.1-1 amd64
opensips-b2bua-module:amd64    2.3.1-1 amd64
opensips-mysql-module:amd64    2.3.1-1 amd64

I build one B2B front end with 2 'normal' backends (front end load balance
calls to one of the backends). If i set up a call and put it on hold on the
callee end (ie. my mobile), an INVITE is sent from the mobile provider to
the backend to the frontend. At that moment the front end (B2B) shows a
error in the log, the backend doesn't.

Gr.

Edwin