Hi Brian,

Are you sure you are using the right opensipdbctl version ? The one provided by the 2.3 installation has the right info text - see:
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/blob/2.3/scripts/opensipsdbctl#L309

Maybe due a version mixing, you use the opensipsdbctl from the 2.2 version (that ensure migration from 2.1 to 2.2). And you need to use the opensipsdbctl from 2.3 (to get a migration from 2.2 to 2.3).

OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
  http://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2018