Hi,

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.11 to 2.3.3. We use the siptrace module to
replicate messages via HEP, so I had to load in the proto_hep module as well.
On startup, I’m getting the following errors:

ERROR:proto_hep:mod_init: No HEP listener defined, neither TCP nor UDP!
ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module proto_hep

It is intentional that I have not defined any listeners as I do not wish to
listen for HEP messages. I am only using the proto_hep module to enabling
*sending* HEP messages via siptrace. Why are listeners required for the
proto_hep module to start successfully?

Thanks,
Ben Newlin