Hi John,

Thanks for pointing out the outdated param, I just removed it from the online docs.

In terms of reply routing, everything is encapsulated in the TM module - the replies inside a transaction are all the time routed back automatically to the source IP and port of the request - this applies for both types of replies sent out by opensips - internally generated or proxied.

Now, about the "received" / "port" - indeed, these params are added to the top received VIA hdr if rport is needed (forced or received as empty param) or if there are differences between the adv VIA IP and the src IP form network level.
The only control you have is to force it, indirectly by doing force_rport().

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019