What specific modules did you have in mind to reload.

I know this might not be super helpful for your specific application, but
you should always try to design your configs to not require this kind of
rebooting. Sure with larger changes it may be unavoidable, but you should
also have multiple servers set up so you can drain one and do a rolling
restart. Happy to chat about a few options.
-Brett