Thanks, sounds like it's time to upgrade 😊

BR/OLle

-----Original Message-----
From: Users <users-boun...@lists.opensips.org> On Behalf Of Razvan Crainea
Sent: den 6 oktober 2023 13:13
To: users@lists.opensips.org
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] rtpengine and multiple instances

Hi, Olle!

Yes, the offer&answer should be taken by one single node. How it internally
works is we compute a hash of the callid of the call and based on that hash,
and we consider that hash a random value to pick one available server. This
means that as long as the available list does not change, the same server will
be always picked.
If however the list changes, even the order of the elements in the list change,
a different node might get chosen. This has been fixed in OpenSIPS 3.2 by the
rtp_relay module[1].

Setting a 0 weight for a node will do what you said - will be used only in case
all the other non-0 weighted nodes were tried. All you need to do is to
provision in the database, or in the script, the weights.

[1] https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/rtp_relay.html

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer / SIPhub CTO