Dear Quantum espresso Community,

I used to calculate the Uscf via the method proposed by Cococcioni et al for several compounds and species, the method was very successful especially when systematically getting the linear behavior of Uin vs Uout (around Uscf of course), However I've noticed that nickel TMO represent always make an exception against this linearity, I wonder if the problem stem from the fact that the studied d states are almost occupied (d8 for Ni)?

I have checked my inputs and everthing look find, I studied recently a pervoskite compound with multiple d state ions and get linear behavior for Mo and non linear one for Ni (see attached graph).

Thanks.

Youssef Aharbil,
Laboratory of Physics and Chemistry of Materials
Faculty of sciences Ben msik, Casablanca
Morocco