Dear QE users,

Studyng some Vanadium substitutional defects in a TiO2 matrix I have obtained
the cluster configuration using the vc-relax procedure. After that, I plotted
the charge density around the defect. I found that charge density around
Vanadium is higher than the one near Ti in non doped cluster. Considering that
V has one electron more than Ti, can I say that that the oxidation state of
vanadium is the same of Ti (4+) and that the V electron is confined near its
nucleus? Are there examples where the excess electron of a dopant are yeld to
the TiO2 matrix instead of being confined around the dopant?

Best regards,

Giacomo Rossi,
P.h.d student from
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Bologna University,
Bologna, Italy.