Maybe you could send input files and a plot of DOS and band structure to help
people to figure out
what is happening.

If DOS and band structure do not agree with each other, I would not trust to
either!!!

What do you mean that you repeat the calculation with **different theory** ????

Giovanni

> On 16 May 2018, at 13:17, B S Bhushan <ecebhus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Experts,
>
> I am analyzing defected graphene with different dopants.
> In very few cases... I end up having contradictory DOS and Band structure.
>
> The Band structure shows a small band gap at the fermi level, however, the
> DOS shows states on the fermi level.
> Same result appears even if the calculation is repeated with different theory.
> In such cases, Should I depend on the Band structure or the DOS.
> What should I call the system, metallic or semi-metallic or semi-conducting
> ???
>
> Please suggest.
>

> Sincerely,
> B S Bhushan,
> Ph.D Scholar,
> ABV- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior.
> www.bsbhushan.com <http://www.bsbhushan.com/>

Giovanni Cantele, PhD
CNR-SPIN
c/o Dipartimento di Fisica
Universita' di Napoli "Federico II"
Complesso Universitario M. S. Angelo - Ed. 6
Via Cintia, I-80126, Napoli, Italy
e-mail: giovanni.cant...@spin.cnr.it
Phone: +39 081 676910
Skype contact: giocan74