Dear all,
I would like to (re)obtain the phonons frequencies that I first obtained using
DFPT but from finite difference.

Lets be R0 the ground state atomic positions and U the normalised atomic
displacement of a normal mode obtained from DFPT.
I have calculated the total energy from DFT of 11 structures R0+i*0.01*U with i
variing from -5 to 5. The so obtained curve is fitted with a second order
polynom a0+a1*X+a2*X^2, so that I obtain the second order derivative of the
total energy with respect to the atomic displacements of the studied mode:
2*a2. I then divided by the atomic mass (one type of mass) and I should obtain
the omega^2, but my resulting value is 3 or four times to big.

I use a cubic supercell with one type of atom.

Did someone already performed this kind of work?
How should I do with differents atomic masses?

Thank you very much for your help,

Antoine Jay