Most likely because they are exceedingly large. are you sure that your system
is an insulator? (both in Nature and in DFT!) — Stefano

> On 10 Aug 2018, at 15:58, Chandler Bennett <mcben...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
> I am attempting to run ph.x on a converged scf calculation (geometry taken
> from a converged vc-relax run).
>
> However, for the dielectric tensor, I see the following
>
> ************************          1.615397406741         -0.000000000000
>           1.211548055056************************         -0.000000000139
>           0.000000000121          0.000000000209        291.291652303297
>
> Can someone help me understand why some of the matrix elements are not being
> printed correctly?
>

> --
>
> Chandler Bennett
> NCSU Department of Physics
> Partners III Building, Rm 133
> Phone: (919) 291-6597
> mcben...@ncsu.edu <mailto:mcben...@ncsu.edu>

—
Stefano Baroni -  SISSA, Trieste - http://stefano.baroni.me
<http://stefano.baroni.me/>, stefanobaroni (Skype)

And aren’t we all tired of those who claim to know the answer to life, death
and the creation being so […] sensitive about their knowledge? [Stephen Fry]